I’m a creative content writer because I get paid to write and produce words and media. I do this for myself, for other people, and for businesses. Sometimes to get better search engine results, sometimes for more website traffic, and sometimes just to tell the story. The main thing is to get people to notice and respond and take action. Since we’re visual and interactive creatures it only makes sense the internet should be like that, too.
But maybe you want to be your own creative content writer. If so, that’s great. And here’s what I suggest…
- Study what successful internet marketing people are doing
- Do what those people are doing
- Learn to write well
- Research niches
- Start a blog (and get some key plugins) based on your niche research
- Create relevant, valuable, actionable content
- Keep writing your regular blog posts
- Connect to social media sites
- And create backlinks to your relevant information
- …oh yeah…and don’t forget to create some products people want to buy
That’s it. Get those few things going, and you’ll be on your way to internet marketing success. Also…be prepared to be in business for the long haul because those “make-$14,876-in-only-one-month” sales pitches are just selling you hype. Real business requires real work and dedication. But the payoff endures.