If the products or services or information you’re promoting and selling aren’t fantasy writing, you shouldn’t be one of those fantasy writers.
One of my 3 writing titles is “creative content writer” because I get paid to write and produce words and media for other people and for businesses. Sometimes to get better search engine results, sometimes for more website traffic, and sometimes just to tell the story. The main thing is to get people to notice and respond and take action. Since we’re visual and interactive creatures it only makes sense the internet should be like that, too.
I get to “make up” content…as far as the creative side goes. But when it comes to communicating the information for my clients, they aren’t looking for fantasy writers.
They’re looking for (and need) a writer who can tell the story, sell the ideas, and help them
be discovered online and offline.
You can do your own business writing and get great results. And here’s what I suggest…
- Study what successful internet marketing people are doing
- Do what those people are doing
- Learn to write well
- Research niches
- Start a blog (and get some key plugins) based on your niche research
- Create relevant, actionable content
- Keep writing your regular blog posts
- Connect to social media sites
- And create backlinks to your relevant information
- …oh yeah…and don’t forget to create some products people want to buy
That’s it. Get those few things going, and you’ll be on your way to internet marketing success. Also…be prepared to be in business for the long haul because those “make-$14,876-in-only-one-month” sales pitches are just selling you hype. Real business requires real work and dedication. But the payoff endures.